Diversity Leaders Wanted
Dec. 3, 2013
For two years now, IUPUI has received the Higher Education Excellence in Diversity Award from INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine. IUPUI was also recently named among the 30 best non-Historically Black Colleges and Universities for minorities in the United States by Diverse: Issues in Higher Education. These honors come to the campus through the work of individuals, and I’d like to make sure that we recognize and publicize their efforts. Each year, we present the Taylor Awards for Excellence in Diversity, and we need your help to identify exemplary nominees for consideration.
I invite faculty, staff, and students to nominate individuals, academic and support programs, events, policies, and activities that demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Institutional Leadership and Commitment. We are seeking nominees who have set clear expectations, invested resources, and demonstrated accountability for promoting diversity at all levels of leadership.
- Curricular and Co-Curricular Transformation. Here we are looking for colleagues who have incorporated IUPUI’s principles of multiculturalism, pluralism, equity, and diversity into the curriculum and cocurriculum.
- Campus Climate. Do you know campus leaders who have done outstanding work to make IUPUI a welcoming and inclusive environment?
- Representational Diversity. Do you have colleagues who have been exceptional in the degree to which they have helped the campus attract, retain, and develop a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff?
- IUPUI Community: Are there colleagues who should be recognized for their work on issues related to race, class, or gender through innovative curriculum, research, programs or events?
Nominations are due December 20, 2013. Awards will be presented February 25, 2014. For applications, nomination forms, and additional information, contact:
Kim D. Kirkland, Ed.D.
IUPUI, Office of Equal Opportunity
980 Indiana Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Phone: (317) 274-2306
Fax: (317) 274-3963