'Read, Move, Snap and Win' with Healthy IU
Jan. 8, 2014
Read, Move, Snap and Win
As we step into 2014, Healthy IU will be sending activity tips with opportunities to win prizes. Just “Read, Move, Snap and Win."
MOVE, preferably with your activity buddy or buddies.
SNAP a picture that relates to the activity tip and share it on the Healthy IU Facebook page.
WIN great prizes! The more people in your photo, the more chance to win: one person equals one entry, two people equals four entries, three people equals six entries, etc. Make sure to include names of those in the picture and the group/team name. Prizes will be drawn every other week.
The topic themes are outlined below:
- Getting started -- Post on Healthy IU's Facebook page a picture of how you are “Stepping Into the New Year,” Jan. 13 to 17.
- Walking buddies/teams -- Snap and post a photo of you and your walking group. The more people in your group, the more chances you have to win, Jan. 20 to 31.
- Dressing for winter walking -- Snap and post a photo showing how you bundle up for fitness fun, Feb. 3 to 14.
- Tips for walking with fido/family -- Snap and post a photo of you and your family or pet taking a walk, Feb. 17 to 28.
- Fitting activity in -- Share your time-management techniques, March 3 to 14.
Pictures may be posted on Healthy IU's Facebook page or can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Healthy IU wellness basket
- Lunch boxes
- Water bottles
- "Comfort Foods Made Healthy" cookbook
Faculty and Staff have FREE access to the National Institute for Fitness and Sport (NIFS) INDOOR TRACK
The walking program comes to you in response to the IUPUI Healthy Change Fund survey. Details below:
Program date: Jan. 13 to March 17, 2014
Time: 5:15 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday
Location: 250 University Blvd
Bring your faculty/staff ID. Please allow time to register the first day you walk.
Only the National Institute for Fitness and Sport's indoor track is free to employees this winter. If you are interested in full membership please visit NIFS' website or for IUPUI Campus Recreation membership visit Campus Recreation's website.
Getting to NIFS
Walking is always good, but if you prefer to hop on the campus shuttle, find your schedule/route online.
Tracking your distance, time or steps is often helpful in staying motivated. There are a number of tracking apps out there, for your convenience we’ve provided a few links you are free to use. You do not need to track anything for the winter activity initiative prizes.
- Pedometers - A limited number of pedometers are FREE and available for employees
- Paper Tracker
- Fitness Journal
8 laps around the track = 1 Mile