IUPUI 2025: A strategic planning town hall on staff talent
Jan. 29, 2013
In coordination with IUPUI's strategic planning initiative, a town hall meeting has been scheduled for all staff at IUPUI on Feb. 1, from noon to 1:30 p.m., in CE 450A.
The town hall is to discuss best practices and future trends related to staff development and IUPUI's ability to find, retain, and develop its staff talent.
Last fall, the campus began an ambitious strategic planning in support of Indiana University's Principles of Excellence to develop strategies for IUPUI 2025. The planning engages many of IUPUI's students, staff, and faculty, as well as alumni and community partners.
In the weeks since the planning process began, a number of themes have emerged from planning retreats, meetings, campus and community written comments, and the first stakeholder forums. Planning for each of these key areas is underway through task forces and working groups at IUPUI.
To contribute to plans for Strategic Initiative 7: Develop Faculty and Staff, the Task Force on Staff Talent was formed to consider the following:
- What can IUPUI do to become the employer of choice in Central Indiana?
- What roles do IUPUI staff members play in support of the campus mission?
- What can IUPUI do to provide enhanced opportunities for professional growth and development for its staff?
- What improvements can we make in our processes and policies with respect to staff at IUPUI?
- What can we do to promote work-life balance for staff?
- What additional support do current administrators need to provide best practice leadership and support for our staff?
- How can we use mentoring and other approaches to provide an inclusive, supportive environment for staff?
- What do we need to do to better identify and develop future administrative leadership talent from within our staff workforce?
- How can we assure that staff maximize their potential for professional development and advancement at IUPUI?
Please consider attending the town hall meeting to lend your voice in answering these questions or bringing more forward. There are no right or wrong answers.
From 10 a.m. to noon and 1:30 to 2 p.m., members of the task force will be present to meet with you individually if you are not able to attend the town hall session at noon.
You are also welcome to respond to these questions or provide comments online on the Strategic Plan website, or on IdeaScale.
IdeaScale is a collaborative community where users can submit ideas, vote on existing ideas, or add comments.
To submit an idea, click on the "Submit New Idea" button and follow the instructions to completion. You may vote on other ideas presented while you are in the community. The more votes an idea receives, the more attention it will receive by the Task Force on Staff Talent members to include in their final report.
You are encouraged to return to the community from time to time to view submitted ideas and vote on those that appeal to you.
For more information, visit IUPUI 2025 or email Lee Stone at email@example.com.